Friday, September 18, 2009

Thinking about the Troops

I'm having a hard time thinking about anything but the activation of the 211th Engineer Company. They are leaving on Sunday for 45 days of training before spending a year in Afghanistan. Andy was a member of this Army National Guard unit until about 10 months ago. He really didn't want to get out of the guards when his time was up. I really pushed him to get out. I can admit that was by far the biggest disagreement we've ever had in our marriage.

This deployment has really brought back memories from more than 5 years ago when Andy was leaving for Iraq. It is hard thinking that these families are going through that again. I can't imagine what I would be feeling if Hallee had to go a whole year without her daddy. Thank you soldiers for doing what you do. Thank you God for letting Andy stay home this time around.

1 comment:

Dorine said...

We'll all keep the soldiers in our thoughts and prayers, but I have to admit that I'm so happy that Andy is going to be here instead. I feel so bad for those others that are going to miss this time with their families. God bless them and keep them safe.